Recreation soccer is open to all players ages 4 to 19. The program focuses on kids having fun, skill development and recreation. The program provides a positive experience and an opportunity to play with both new and returning players. The fall season runs September through mid-November with practices beginning in August.
Our Club is run by volunteers. It is through all of our efforts that we make our Club successful. We encourage parents to consider volunteering to help. You may volunteer to coach or volunteer to support the team and/or Club in other ways.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
● U6 coed (4 & 5 yr olds) typically practices on Fridays with games on Sunday
● U8 (6 & 7 yr olds) typically practices 1x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U10 (8 & 9 yr olds) typically practice 1-2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U12 (10 & 11 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U15 (12, 13, & 14 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U19 coed (15-18 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
Registration opens in April and late fees begin on May 23. Register by May 22 to avoid late fees. Registration remains opens until teams are filled or September 1. Switching teams or refunds will not be permitted even if practice times are inconvenient. Registration should not be made contingent upon the placement of a child to a specific team, coach, or practice field.
Some teams fill up early and there is a waitlist option. This means we are trying to find enough players and another volunteer coach to form a team. We ask families to be patient during this process. We often have dozens of players, just before the season, who decide to play.
BUDDY AND SCHEDULE REQUESTS ARE NOT HONORED
Unfortunately, we no longer accept requests. The volume and nature of requests became impossible to manage with our limited volunteer staff. It is simply not feasible to honor everyone’s friend, coach or practice request.
● Registration should not be made contingent upon placement to a specific team, coach, field or time.
● Practices can start at 3:30, 5:00, or 6:30 in Scotts Valley or San Lorenzo Valley
● Volunteer coaches select their practice schedule slot AFTER teams are formed, we cannot accommodate schedule requests.
● If you volunteer to coach, you select a practice time and field that works for your schedule. We offer coaching classes, equipment, and support.
Waitlist and late registrants (May 23 and after) are added to teams to balance rosters or when a new team can be formed. Please understand that we cannot honor schedule requests. We ask that parents have flexibility. We try and cluster teams by school to help with carpooling, but this is not always possible. Switching teams or refunds will not be permitted even if practice times are inconvenient.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
Practices and games are at local fields in Scotts Valley and San Lorenzo Valley. Coaches select practice location based on their geographic preference . Coaches selects a practice time of 3:30, 5:00, or 6:30 based on their schedule. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate schedule requests. Rec teams start practice typically the first week of August. Some teams start later due to coach’s schedule. Games start the weekend after Labor Day and season ends before Thanksgiving.
Teams are formed to create balanced teams in terms of age, level of play, years experience, and gender for coed teams. A committee examines each age group and tries to cluster players by school and neighborhoods while ensuring there is a balance of new and returning players on each team. Coaches will have their players placed on their team. There are no legacy teams.
PROOF OF AGE REQUIREMENTS
Each player must submit a birth certificate to the Club to complete registration. Failure to provide proof of your player’s age prevents them from being placed on a team. We offer two options for providing your player’s proof of birth year (birth certificate or passport):
● UPLOAD IN SPORTABILITY – During the registration process, registrants are prompted to upload player’s birth certificate or passport. Have this document ready before you start to register.
● MAIL – If you did not upload during the registration process, you must mail your birth certificate. There is no mechanism to upload after completing the registration process.
SV/SLV Soccer Club
PO Box 67038
Scotts Valley, CA 95067-7038
Parents who volunteer to coach or assistant coach must complete a parent registration through SPORTABILITY. Please choose the appropriate age group and change the selection from “Open player registration” to “Register a Coach” and then follow the prompts. If selected to coach, coaches must complete a LIVE SCAN screening. As an U8-U19 coach, you select a practice time slot and location based on what works for your schedule. U6 practices are on Fridays at Skypark.
It takes a community to run our soccer Club. In addition to player fees, we depend on local businesses and individuals to support our non-profit organization. By sponsoring a team, you help purchase needed equipment, pay field use fees, and provide scholarships for players in need. Sponsorship is also a great way to advertise for your business. Click here for sponsorship information.
The Club strongly recommends players play in their age-appropriate bracket (where a team is available). Requests to “play-up” an age bracket must be submitted, in writing, to the Club Board of Directors for a formal review. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are intended for players not challenged in their age group. Please complete a Play Up Request Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Players may not play down an age bracket.
Applications are under the RESOURCES tab. Final deadline is June 1. Please submit applications early as some age groups fill up and are first come, first serve. The date we receive your application is your registration date, even if your application is not approved until the next available board meeting. If there is space on a team when we receive your application and your request is approved, you will be placed on a team. If we receive your application AFTER teams are filled and your application is approved, we will place you on a waitlist.
Fall Rec League refund requests must be received by June 1 and a processing fee of $35 is withheld. Request a refund through SPORTABILITY.
Additional questions may be answered by directly contacting the appropriate board member.