Recreation soccer is open to all players ages 4 to 19. The program focuses on kids having fun, skill development and recreation. The program provides a positive experience and an opportunity to play with both new and returning players. The fall season runs September through mid-November with practices beginning in August.
Our Club is run by volunteers. It is through all of our efforts that we make our Club successful. We encourage parents to consider volunteering to help. You may volunteer to coach or volunteer to support the team and/or Club in other ways.
PRACTICES AND GAMES
● U6 coed (4 & 5 yr olds) typically practices on Fridays with games on Sunday.
● U8 (6 & 7 yr olds) typically practices 1x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U10 (8 & 9 yr olds) typically practice 1-2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U12 (10 & 11 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U15 (12, 13, & 14 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
● U19 coed (15-18 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
PRACTICES AND GAMES
Practices and games will be at local fields in Scotts Valley and San Lorenzo Valley. Practice fields are selected by your coach based on their geographic preference and schedule needs.
PROOF OF AGE REQUIREMENTS
Each player must submit a birth certificate to the Club to complete registration. Failure to provide proof of your player’s age prevents them from being placed on a team. We offer two options for providing your player’s proof of birth year (birth certificate or passport):
● UPLOAD IN SPORTABILITY – During the registration process, registrants are prompted to upload player’s birth certificate or passport. Have this document ready before you start to register.
● MAIL – If you did not upload during the registration process, you must mail your birth certificate. There is no mechanism to upload after completing the registration process.
SV/SLV Soccer Club
PO Box 67038
Scotts Valley, CA 95067-7038
“Hey Coach!” Parents who volunteer to coach or assistant coach must complete a parent registration through SPORTABILITY. Please choose the appropriate age group and change the selection from “Open player registration” to “Register a Coach” and then follow the prompts. If selected to coach, coaches must complete a LIVE SCAN screening. As an U8-U19 coach, you select a practice time slot and location based on what works for your schedule. U6 practices on Fridays.
It takes a community to run our soccer Club. In addition to player fees, we depend on local businesses and individuals to support our non-profit organization. By sponsoring a team, you help purchase needed equipment, pay field use fees, and provide scholarships for players in need. Sponsorship is also a great way to advertise for your business. Click here for sponsorship information.
The Club strongly recommends that players play in their age-appropriate bracket (where a team is available). Requests to “play-up” an age bracket must be submitted, in writing, to the Club Board of Directors for a formal review. Such requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Should you wish your child to “play-up” an age bracket, please complete a Play Up Request Form and submit it to the Club’s registrar. Players may not play down an age bracket. Age brackets are determined by the player’s birth year.
BUDDY AND SCHEDULE REQUESTS ARE NOT HONORED
It is simply not feasible to honor everyone’s friend, coach or practice location request.
● Registration should not be made contingent upon placement to a specific team, coach, field or time.
● Volunteer coaches select their practice schedule AFTER teams are formed, therefore, we cannot accommodate schedule requests.
Applications are under the RESOURCES tab. Final deadline is June 1. Submit applications early as some age groups fill up quickly and are first come, first serve.
Fall Rec League refund requests must be received by June 1 and a processing fee of $35 is withheld. Request a refund through SPORTABILITY.
Additional questions may be answered by directly contacting the appropriate board member.